All Eyes on Wilson Building
CLINTON — With a pledge to make their project fully local, Wilson Building developers met the Clinton community...the $8.1 million project — adding 32 market-rate apartments and revitalizing a downtown storefront — is as sure a thing as tomorrow’s sunrise.
- In two weeks, Economic Growth will issue a request for financing proposals from local institutions.
- By April, it plans to obtain title of the Wilson building.
- Near May, it hopes to commence “light demolition,” cleaning out the building to make room for renovation.
- In August, it will issue a request for contractor proposals.
- In October, construction will break ground.
- Next spring, the corporation will begin to market the property to prospective residents.
- And by next fall, the Wilson building will hold its grand opening, showcasing a fully renovated property.
Overall, said Bush Construction president A.J. Loss (also on hand), construction will run 10 to 12 months.